We’re still growing, and are on the lookout for a new Assistant Accountant to join our team at our office at Frilford Health Golf Cub. With a vibrant, growing team, we don’t do grey and boring, and are passionate about supporting businesses to achieve their goals.
With a ever growing UK wide network of clients, and flourishing customer base overseas, we’re looking for someone to hit the ground running and have the drive and huger to make the most of this great opportunity.
- Job Title: Assistant Accountant (Level 4 or Level 7 Apprenticeship)
- Job Type: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Location: Frilford Office, Abingdon. Travel may be required to client offices.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and charities
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns
- Supporting clients in accounting and taxation issues
- Preparation of management accounts
- Bookkeeping for clients and preparation of related VAT returns
- Working as part of a team to carry out other client and in house projects
- Maintain company databases (currently Accountancy Manager & Xero).
- Support the company’s brand (social media etc.)
- Deal with one or more client assignments simultaneously and bring them to completion for review by a senior accountant or director
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels
- Build strong team relationship skills
- Other tasks as directed by line manager/company directors.
- Part qualified/Qualified AAT with experience in an accountancy practice
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience in an accountancy practice in a client facing role
- TaxCalc/Xero experience preferred but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Methodical and able to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Basic IT skills i.e. print, scan, copy, transfer information between devices, connect to WIFI.
- Proactive nature and ability to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to learn new skills and solve own problems.
- Study support for AAT or ACCA qualification via apprenticeship
- Complete client services/tasks on time according to internal and external deadlines.
- Work in line with company behaviors and organisational culture.
- Deal with clients, suppliers, and other employees professionally at all times.
- Allocate the appropriate amount of time to tasks (revenue generating activities).
- Prioritise activities according to company urgencies.
Interested? Please submit your full CV and cover letter to Sam Newport at email@example.com by 9am on 30th June. Entries after this date may not be considered for this role. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01993 225 030.